* 1 1/2 Cups Pecans
* 1/3 Cup Raisins
* 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
* 1/2 Cup Agave
* 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
* 2 Cups Cashews, soaked 2 hours, drained
* 1/2 Cup Young Coconut Meat
* 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
* 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, warmed to liquid
* 1/2 Cup Irish Moss Paste*
* Pumpkin Topping
* 3/4 Cup Pumpkin, chopped (I used 1 cup kobucha squash--very sweet--and no carrots)
* 1/4 Cup Carrots, peeled and chopped
* 6 Tablespoons Water
* 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
* 1/4 Cup Dates, soaked
* 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
Directions1. To make the crust: In a
2. To make the filling: process the dates, agave, and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth. Add the pumpkin, cashews and coconut meat and process until completely smooth. Add the coconut oil and Irish moss and process until well incorporated. Pour the filling onto the crust.
3. To make the topping: place the pumpkin and carrot along with the water and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the dates and pumpkin pie spice and blend again until smooth. Spread the pumpkin topping evenly on top of the filling.
4. Chill at least 3 hours before serving.
* If you don’t have Irish Moss, don’t fret. You can make the cheesecake without it, but serve it straight from the refrigerator.
* If you have an aversion to eating raw pumpkin, peeled carrots can be substituted for pumpkin.
* To make a pumpkin drizzle instead of topping, replace the dates with 2 tablespoons of Agave.