Thursday, March 10, 2011

Almond Date Milk

3/4 cup soaked raw almonds (soaked in water for 3-4 hours or overnight)
4-6 cups water
1 tsp. vanilla or 1" vanilla bean
1 Tbsp. raw agave nectar
2-5 pitted dates
1/8 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt

Combine the almonds and water in the blender, then process until creamy and smooth. Strain the nut milk through a cheese cloth and set the pulp aside. The pulp may be used for another breakfast recipe or to make crackers. Rinse out the blender and add the strained milk back into the blender. Then add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.

Mary Ann's Home Kitchen, by Mary Ann Jones

2 comments:

  1. i've been wanting to make almond milk... but almond milk with dates, too?! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure what to substitute for agave nectar... So I used a sweetener that was made with stevia, and I had no dates so I used 3tablespons honey for two quarts. I had blanched my own almonds though I'm sure they weren't organic. Just used what I had. Oh also, I didn't use a nut bag I processed through my juicer, Omega, what a chore! 😏

    ReplyDelete