Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thai Kelp Noodles


I bag raw kelp noodles ( I get mine at Whole Foods in the cooler)

"Peanut" Sauce:

2/3 cup raw almond butter
2-1/2 tablespoon Nama Shoyu (raw soy sauce)--I got it at Whole Foods
1-1/2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
3 teaspoons grated ginger
1/4-1/3 cup water

Mix together with a wire whip. You can change the amount of water depending on how thick or thin you like the consistency to be. I used it on kelp noodles but you can use it a dipping sauce for just about anything!! Salad rolls would be a nice idea :-)

Pour sauce over rinsed and drained kelp noodles and mix together well. Top with fresh cilantro, bean sprouts and chopped raw peanuts if desired. Or, add fresh vegetables of your choice. I like fresh asparagus and red pepper or spinach and red onion. My latest discovery is adding multi-colored seaweed to this dish that I buy at Whole Foods in the cooler--it's raw and packed in salt and usually you can find it near the kelp noodles. Before adding it to the noodles, be sure to pour it into a strainer and rinse it well until the salt is off of it. Mmmm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment